Things To Do
In The Garden Route
Situated in Keurboomstrand, just outside of Plettenberg Bay in the Western Cape, ArchRock Resort is the perfect base from which to explore all that the Garden Route of South Africa has to offer. The Garden Route is world-renowned for its amazing selection of outdoor activities and beautiful pristine beaches.
Activities At Archrock Resort
For those who love an outdoor life, ArchRock Resort offers a variety of activities. Swimming and surfing are high on the agenda as guests of all ages are drawn to the sparkling turquoise waves of the warm Indian Ocean. For those who prefer calmer waters there is the Matjies River, and at low tide, a myriad of rock pools. Mussels are plentiful to gather from the rocks and make a delicious meal. Sea fishing is rewarding for the more experienced fisherman, off the rocks or in the surf.
Long walks along the beach in either direction are an opportunity to appreciate the magnificence of the Garden Route coast. The area is a natural garden of mountains, forest, fynbos, rivers and ocean, for it is here that the coastal platform narrows, bringing the mountains close to the sea. A favourite outing is to walk along the beach to Arch Rock and the Matjies River, enjoy a picnic, then back along the cliff path to your accommodation at ArchRock Resort. There is an ancient Strandlopers’ cave along this escarpment overlooking the beach, an excellent vantage point for spotting whales and dolphins.
Garden Route Activities
- Birds of Eden - reputed to be the biggest free flight bird sanctuary in the world.
- Monkeyland - the world's first free roaming multi-specie primate sanctuary.
- Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre – rehabilitation center for a variety of animals.
- Plett Game Reserve - home to Africa’s Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard).
- Knysna Elephant Park – extraordinary Elephant Encounters